Above, members of the Chaminade-Julienne family volunteer in the Marianist Nature Preserve.
The Church recently celebrated the first anniversary of the Laudato Si Action Platform, an ambitious seven-year journey of ecological conversation and action. We announced last year that MEEC and several Marianist institutions signed on to the Action Platform, and over the past year we all came together to form the Marianist Family Encounters Project. The Project provides a path for every Marianist high school, retreat center, university, parish, ministry and community to reflect and act on common goals:
- To promote justice, peace and the integrity of creation;
- To transform the Church and world through integral ecology;
- To listen and educate persons of faith who discover God in all things;
- To foster sustainable lifestyles and ecological economics; and
- To empower resilient, local communities in the family spirit.
We gather online to share updates, resources and ideas at marianistencounters.org, and we invite you to join us there!